Losing the hope?
Having doubts of His Will? Cannot contain much of the problems being brought to you?
Don’t you think your faith is getting weaker each day?
I hope this blog entry would help you know what’s really going on.
There are various ways to know whether you are having symptoms of weak faith, and we all know that weak faith is a disease that blackens our hearts, and we truly pray to Allaah Azza Wa Jall to keep our heart enlightened and filled with His remembrance.
So here are the symptoms:
1) Falling into sin and performing actions that are unlawful
This is when people are very pursuant and consistent with during such evil deeds that it eventually becomes a practice to them, like it is a daily routine for them already.
Repetition of a sin leads to its becoming a habitual practice; eventually, its shamefulness is removed from the heart and it is committed openly.
Our prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam once said:
"All of my Ummah may be forgiven except those who sin openly. Among these is a man who committed a sin at night and Allaah Azza Wa Jall concealed it for him, but when the morning came, he said: O so-and-so, yesterday I did this and that- while his Lord had spent the night concealing it for him. In the morning, he removed Allaah’s Azza Wa Jall cover from himself."
2. Feelings of hardness and harshness in the heart
This is when a news reaches you that a relative of yours had passed away and you feel no sympathy or any effect in your heart or when you hear the recitation of the Qur’aan it doesn’t affect you that when you hear it, it is just same like you are hearing people talking.
3. Carelessness during acts of worship
This is when people do not reflect anymore upon the meaning of what they are saying, that whenever they are reciting suers from the Qur’aan in their prayers their minds are also wandering.
That reading a specific hadith or ayah from the Qur’aan is just ilke reading from the newspaper, it doesn’t really affect them nor do they reflect from what they are reading.
4. Laziness about performing acts of obedience and worship, or neglecting them altogether
These are people who perform salaah with empty movements, no remembrance of Allaah, nor do they sincerely do what they do in their salaah. They are those people who do not feel any guilt upon sleeping or missing an obligatory prayer and that the sunnah acts are nothing to them, the affect of it is same to them whether they do it or not.
5. Depression, moodiness and reclusiveness
They are those individuals who keeps on thinking and thinking and let depression enter their hearts, they feel like they are burdened so much with things that with little complaining or misbehavior of someone they are easily irritated, people who have lost both their tolerance with other people and their patience in handling situations.
 Our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Allaihi Wassalaam said:
"Faith is patience and tolerance."
6. Indifference to the verses of the Qur’aan
They are people that are not affected by the words of Allaah Azza Wa Jall, they do not care whether what they are doing is wrong or unlawful. When they hear the Qur’aan they become irritated or bored that they are unable to continue hearing them, they turn it off or they flee away from it.
7. Heedlessness concerning Allaah Azza Wa Jall, and failure to remember Him and supplicate to Him
These are people who find asking Allaah Azza Wa Jall very hard, that to be able to supplicate or call upon Him needs a lot of time and effort from their sides. These are people wherein the remembrance of Allaah Azza Wa Jall becomes such a burden to them.
8. Complacency when Allaah’s Azza Wa Jall prohibitions are violated
They are those people who no longer enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong, they no longer deplore evil.
 Our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam once said:
"Hearts will be exposed to trials like straws in a mat one by one, so any heart that absorbs it is spotted with a black spot…(until it becomes as our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam informed us at the end of the hadith)… black and speckled like a clay mug that has tipped over, neither recognizing right nor deploring wrong except what suits its own desire."
9. Love of prominence
a. Desire for a position of leadership
These are people who long for a position, a high status, without any consideration to its responsibility and significance.
 Our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam once said:
"Indeed, you will covet leadership, and it will be a regret [for you] on the Day of resurrection. The first of it is [seemingly] good, and the last of it is evil."
b. Dominance in gatherings, forcing others to listen to him
These are people who wants to be heard and listened to, that their decisions be made law and commands.
c. Desire for others to give respect to him by standing up when he enters
They are those people that desires others to pay them respect when they enter such halls of discussions, that people at seat should rise so they are shown great respect.
10. Stinginess and miserliness
These are people who somehow are very attached to their wealth, that spending for the cause of Allaah Azza Wa Jall is hard for them, if they would give it is half meant.
 Our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam said:
"Beware of stinginess, for those before you were destroyed by stinginess. It ordered them to withhold, so they withheld; it ordered them to cut off relations, so they cut them off and it inclined them towards immorality, so they became immoral."
11. Preaching [claiming or ordering] what they do not practice
This is hypocrisy. They are those people whose speech is contrary to their deeds, they do not practice what they preach and they are blameworthy to the sight of Allaah Azza Wa Jall and disliked by others.
Allaah Azza Wa Jall said:
"O you who have believed, why do you say what you do not do? Great is hatred in the sight of Allaah that you say what you do not do." [61:2-3]
12. Feeling pleased at the affliction of their Muslim brothers or sisters, whether it concerns a failure, a loss, disaster or cessation of a blessing
These are people who find pleasure on the failure of others and that seeing them in such condition makes them happy that they are in a better condition than they are or they are ecstatic that others are in such a state of hardship.
13. Judging matters merely on the basis of whether or not they are actually prohibited and not caring if they are disliked
They are those individual who just care if their act is haram or halal they do not care if it is disliked or not recommended, as long as they are not completely haram then they do it without hesitation, and they are among those people who would always say… yeah, it’s makrooh but its not haram…so its okay
14. Considering good deeds to be insignificant, and showing no concern for smaller ones
Our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam said:
"Do not perceive any good deed as insignificant-even pouring from your bucket into the container of one seeking water, and speaking to your broth with a pleasant face."
These are people who see good deeds are not so important and those minute deeds are nothing, so they do not do it.
15. Indifference to the problems of Muslims
These are people who are not moved by supplications or do they do any kind of help for their siblings in faith. They are so cold and as if strangers to these people. They do not feel sympathy nor concern about their siblings in faith that are going through such massacres and hungers in the other parts of the world.
 Our beloved Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam said:
"The believer among the people of faith is like a head to the body. The believer feels pain for the people of faith, just as the body feels pain from what is in the heart.
16. Loosening of the ties of brotherhood and sisterhood
These are people who are disobedient to Allaah Azza Wa Jall, that their disobedience already affects and undo the ties of brotherhood and sisterhood. People who once their Muslim brother or sister reminds them of Allaah Azza Wa Jall they form such hatred towards these people.
17. Lack of motivation to work for the religion, not striving to spread it or serve it
They are these individuals who do not make effort on even talking about the deen to their friends may it be online or in real life, they do not have the will to attend halaqa sessions or islamic gatherings or islamic lectures, they do not want to go out and talk to people and make them understand Islaam, when they know they can and they know they can do something about it, but they choose not to do so.
18. Panic and fear at the time of an affliction or problem
When a person has a weak faith when such calamities comes upon them, they just shatter and think of even ending their lives. These are the individuals who lose hope easily and quite easily.
19. An abundance of arguments and disputes, which hardens the heart
These are the people in which they want to argue and argue about something so that in the end they are the triumphant ones, these are the people who just argue without any proofs that they only intend to argue so that their opponent be smashed down and be put in shame.
20. Attachment to and love of the world, and feelings ease therein
These are people who by the mere thought that soon they will leave the world saddens them, they are those people whose hearts are too attached to the world, that they only find pleasure in the luxuries of this world.
21. Complete rationalization of speech and behavior, and loss of any impression of belief
These are people who find it so hard to recite or say words from the Qur’aan that you hardly find them doing actions in reference to the Qur’aan, Sunnah and the beliefs in Islaam.
22. Exaggerated self-interest
These are people who love to dress up to impress people so much that they go out and travel to find the finest and most luxurious items and buy them for themselves, or people who would go and sit in a restaurant pay excessive attention to the food and drinks they are about to have when they know those money they use can actually be given to the needy and they have this knowledge within them.
Subhan’Allaah we all know for a moment, one of these symptoms had been experienced by ownselves. To be able to truly repent we have to accept the reality, even if its the most sad and cruel reality.
These are notes from our halaqa session last 2 weeks ago, and I am writing this in a capsulized and summarized form. If you need more details please let me know.
And we pray that Allaah Azza Wa Jall continues to guide us to the right path and enlighten our hearts through seeking forgiveness through our salaah.
Da’eef ul Eeman
Weakness of Faith
by Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid
 Abu Dawud
 Muslim | Ahmad
 Ahmad | As-Suyuti
417 Notes/ Hide
- removedreality reblogged this from sabrofaseapearll
- removedreality likes this
- z-architect likes this
- bintsabbir reblogged this from sabrofaseapearll
- bintsabbir likes this
- arifdogdu likes this
- faizafaiz reblogged this from sabrofaseapearll
- green-grass-pink-lillies likes this
- darling-dont-be-nervous likes this
- destinywalkswithus reblogged this from sabrofaseapearll
- sabrofaseapearll reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- unperfect-souls likes this
- exoticfiregirl reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- exoticfiregirl likes this
- safina5 likes this
- sensationboulevardd reblogged this from islamicbelief
- islamicbelief reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- islamicbelief likes this
- hungrylittlebookworm likes this
- asiyanur likes this
- thesecretmuslimah likes this
- knowislamknowpeace reblogged this from shalabiya
- pbalqisz reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- knowislamknowpeace likes this
- iyang3 likes this
- daawerd reblogged this from shalabiya
- marocaniya likes this
- salabarian reblogged this from apple-atic
- salabarian likes this
- apple-atic reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- cupcakes7 likes this
- onlyfearallah1 likes this
- witless-wonder reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- akrabhicham reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- loveallah786 likes this
- syria-freedom-2014 likes this
- journey-to-jannah likes this
- humble-observers likes this
- xreminiscencex likes this
- brotherlysoulmates likes this
- alamaanah reblogged this from islamispeace786
- alamaanah likes this
- aarif-waqar likes this
- islamispeace786 reblogged this from zuhkey
- dreamstandards likes this
- bubbly-dreamer likes this
- aburayyaan likes this
- pujisenja likes this
- words-outspoken likes this
- mkhan111 reblogged this from shalabiya