Are you too attached to your belongings?
Are you among these people who would hire armed men to safeguard them and their properties for the “future” of their family or kids?
If yes, then take some moment to read this story for this story makes your realize the worth of these things over your faith and your heart.
This is an excerpt from the life of one of the most inspirational people who came into Islam, Malik Ibn Dinar may Allaah Azza Wa Jall be pleased with him.
He was very known for this story because it did not just affected one person but the whole Muslim community that time.
 “It was a dark night on which the burglar scaled the wall of Malik Ibn Dinar’s house and stealthily made his way inside. To his utter disappointment, the thief found nothing in the house that was worth stealing; what’s more, the occupant of the house was actually inside and was busy praying.
Malik Ibn Dinar sensed the movement of the burglar, but without becoming alarmed, he turned around with perfect composure and extended greetings of peace to him.
He then said, "My brother, may Allaah forgive you. You entered my home and found nothing worth taking, but I will not allow you to leave without gaining some benefit."
Malik stood up, approached the burglar with a jug of water in his hand, and said, "Here, perform ablution and perform two units of prayer. If you do so, you will take away with you that which is better than what you came to find in the first place."
"Yes, how generous of you," said the burglar, somewhat stupefied and, more than anything else, humbled.
He stood, made ablution, and performed two units of prayer. Upon completing them, he turned and said, “O Malik, will I be imposing upon you if I perform two more units of prayer?”
"Perform as much as Allaah Azza Wa Jall decrees for you," said Malik. The burglar turned worshipper continued to pray until the morning, at which time Malik said, "Go, and be good."
"Will I be imposing upon you if I stay here with you today, for I have made intention to fast today."
"Stay as long as you want," said Malik.
The man stayed with Malik for a number of days, spending the days fasting, and the nights standing up for prayer. Finally deciding to leave, the man said, "O Malik, I have made up my mind to repent."
"That (i.e., Allaah Azza Wa jall forgiving you and guiding you to repent) is in the Hand of Allaah Azza Wa Jall," said Malik.
And in fact, the man did mend his ways and repent for his previous wayward existence. When the man left Malik’s home, he came across another burglar he knew.
Seeing the happy and serene expression on the man’s face, the burglar said, "I think you have finally found your treasure?"
"My brother," he answered, "I found Malik Ibn Dinar. I went to steal from him, but it was he who stole something of mine-my heart. Indeed, I have repented to Allaah Azza Wa Jall, and I will remain at the door (of His Mercy and Forgiveness) until I achieve what His obedient, loving slaves have achieved."
Subhan’Allaah, look at this man who went out looking for a treasure, he went from house to house just to find something that would make him happy and rejoice, but through these hunt he forgot to look for that treasure within himself, within his heart.
By Allaah Azza Wa Jall, our character and deeds are not there for nothing, they are instruments and I mean encouraging instruments and actions that others see in us, we may never know that maybe today we will meet a man who is in this burglar’s situation and by just seeing our actions he would and might change and tell himself that his bad ways should stop and he should start repenting.
But before we could be someone like Malik, we should also find this treasure that Malik found within himself, we should find the treasure in our hearts, for that is the best treasure we can ever have, and that is finding Allaah Azza Wa Jall.
Don’t be too attached with your luxuries for that can be stolen from you any day anytime if Allaah Azza Wa Jall wills it, and it will stay in the dunya but your heart, it’s something people cannot steal from you for it belongs to Allaah Azza Wa jall so make your heart with Him, for your heart belongs to the akhirah, with Him. in sha Allaah.
If you have to protect something, then let it be your heart.
and we ask Allaah Azza Wa Jall to keep us all blessed and protected. Amin
 Al-Mawa’iz Wal-Majalis, page 85
261 Notes/ Hide
- marhabayamustafa likes this
- allah-hi-jaane reblogged this from givemetaqwa-givemesabr
- amnafbaby likes this
- myprivatejannah reblogged this from amatulsabur
- myprivatejannah likes this
- wedaasians reblogged this from givemetaqwa-givemesabr
- aissatandrb likes this
- quintxssential reblogged this from givemetaqwa-givemesabr
- etiologyofliving likes this
- tralalacupcake likes this
- naleul likes this
- ummaimaan reblogged this from amatulsabur
- ummaimaan likes this
- amatulsabur reblogged this from pathtomadina
- littlle-things-from-love-x reblogged this from givemetaqwa-givemesabr
- pathtomadina reblogged this from givemetaqwa-givemesabr and added:
- meri-zindagi-hai-tu likes this
- princess-hijabi likes this
- itsruhyanotrohya likes this
- violetxvoir reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- violetxvoir likes this
- satriomuhammad reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- thesecretmuslimah likes this
- pbalqisz reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- ashgarhurairah reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- ashgarhurairah likes this
- esraa-92 reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- esraa-92 likes this
- ozziefauzie likes this
- journeytojannat likes this
- muslimtechgirl likes this
- qasihilahi reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah and added:
- qasihilahi likes this
- missmuslimah52 reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- loveallah786 likes this
- lost-shade-of reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- lost-shade-of likes this
- pedatih likes this
- heblayo likes this
- stashedstories likes this
- zearaly reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- lumimgaddam likes this
- ammyblue11 likes this
- iinvisibelle likes this
- soulreflexions likes this
- arifdogdu likes this
- treasureboys likes this
- smileallday101 reblogged this from storiesofthesahabah
- misterily likes this